Monday, December 26, 2011

Getting over it


I have officially crossed over.  I made the jump from team holiday cheer to quickly becoming team Grinch.

I even tried extra hard to go through the motions this year. I read all the holiday books, made the kids sing all the holiday songs and I even indulged in a few showings of A Christmas Story, Elf and Home Alone and yet, I just wasn't feeling it.

I think the problem is that in my head I have a a set idea of what the holidays should look like and when my outer world doesn't match up with my inner world, I get frustrated.
I'm ready to have my own house and my own family and do holidays the right way. I want the house to be full of love and fun and take a step away from the drama. I want to wake up early and cook all day and have friends over whose families are far away.

I want the magic to come back to the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment