Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

I read in a book once that the only way to have an exciting life is to become an explorer. The word "explorer" here meaning different things to different people. In my situation, being an explorer means discovering the world that exists outside of Port Orchard.But with that in mind, the one and only vague resolution I made for this year was to get better at living an exciting life and to explore.

Here's a recap of some of the things that happened in my life in 2011.
1. I had an awesome practicum placement and felt like a teacher for the first time in my life.

2. I went to the aquarium, the science center, the Star Wars exhibit (mediocre), the Harry Potter exhibit (awesome), on an awesome road trip to Bellingham and to the pumpkin patch.

3. I saw a ton of movies in the movie theater. Some of which were awesome (GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO AND THE MUPPETS, DUH). Some of which were... less than awesome.

4. I went to a ton of great concerts including and not limited to Paul Simon, Weezer, U2, Britney Spears, Mumford and Sons, Death Cab for Cutie and Blink 182. Not to mention, Warped Tour.

5. I went to New Orleans. On an airplane. By myself. And experienced travelling and living and exploring and Bourbon Street and the glory that is ALA.

6. Then I went to New Mexico and it was glorious and snowy and magical.

Here's where I say something cheesy about what 2012 is going to be, trips to Dallas and Anaheim, graduation and so many other adventures. Hell yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment