Saturday, June 18, 2011

Long time no see

I haven't forgotten about you sweet little baby blog. Life has just been insane and if I'm not at work or hanging out with my coworkers, I am living the life of a 20 something recluse.

But... this time next week, I will be in New Orleans just living it up and enjoying air from somewhere other than Washington. (it's 94 there right now so I don't know how much the enjoying part is true).

I can't express how stoked I am to get away from work and school and life for a few days. 

The plans for the trip have become a little stressful. My friend had to change her flight and now I will be flying the whole way there by myself (Sigh) and meet her at baggage. While it sometimes seems terrifying, I'm excited for the opportunity to be independent and conquer a fear (lie. I'm scared shitless) but the payoff will be worth it and when I meet Tomie Depaola and get to tell him how this book made me decide to become a teacher, it's worth it.

I have a lotof pictures to share from when I saw U2, relay for life and some picnics and such but you know, I'm lazy and there is a star wars marathon on. I'll just leave you with this gem. I got a reminder postcard in the mail about the conference and got a little too excited.



1 comment: