Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Sweets Volume 8

It has been such a long time since I've done one of these but, last week was so difficult (see, disgusting) and I need some motivation to want to leave the house and do it all again tomorrow.

1. This amazing review for The Social Network which I am still in nerd love with. Expect a giant post just about how this is a movie that defines a generation sometime sooner, did I mention my nerd love?


My favorite part of this review is this:


"The best films are rarely about just one thing, but rather that one thing as reflected through a variety of narrative prisms.  And there is something to be said about a film that manages to distill an era while profoundly conveying a character study within. David Fincher’s “The Social Network” may be the quintessential story of young Machiavellian entrepreneurship in an age of streamlined communication, but it is also a story of the social disconnect that can be as galvanizing as any other source of ambition…for better or worse. "



{found here

2. That sweet, sweet feeling of finishing your math homework. Even better is when you find out this morning that you have math homework (class was canceled last week so we just assumed that she would push things back but um, didn't) and you are done with it before noon.





3. This dress (found here). I don't know what it is about it but I just fell in love with it.

 4. I recently discovered haiku bags and am completely in love. In fact, I was so smitten with them (and their clearance section) that I bought a smaller bag to take with me to New Orleans. Check them out here.

Alright, I'm off to write a few lesson plans, clean myself up and stir up some motivation for the upcoming week.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen a few Haiku bags but never knew the brand name. I may have to pick one up prior to NOLA. My current purse is driving me nuts (the strap will not stay adjusted for more than 10 minutes) so I was planning to replace it soon anyway.

    ReplyDelete