Thursday, January 20, 2011

Frrriidaaayy.

Oh man. This day was intense. I'm not the biggest fan of 3 day weekends because coming back from them is always hard and this week, it just seemed impossible to recover.

But, we made it through. 

I just got home from seeing a group of my kids from work in their school play. Maybe I got a little teary and maybe it was a really good reminder after a less than awesome day that all the crap work is worth it and there is nothing like being hugged after a play by a 6th grader that you've worked with since she was in 3rd grade (no really, she came to me before her Mom) because she was so happy you were there.

Now on to the blanks. As always, link up here if you'd like to play.





1.   My favorite quote is     I really don't think I could ever pick one. I have a whole wall in my room filled with framed quotes. Some of my favorites are: 

"I’ll tell you what I do want. I want someone who will be monogamous, and nice to his mother. And I want someone who likes musicals but knows to just shut his mouth when I’m watching Lost. And I want someone who thinks being really into cars is lame and strip clubs are gross. I want someone who will actually empty the dishwasher instead of just taking forks out as needed, like I do. I want someone with clean hands and feet and beefy forearms like a damn Disney prince. And I want him to genuinely like me, even when I’m old. And that’s what I want”. –Liz Lemon


"Reading is the ultimate weapon, destroying ignorance, poverty and despair before they can destroy us. A nation that doesn't read much doesn't know much. And a nation that doesn't know much is more likely to make poor choices in the hom...e, the marketplace, the jury box and the voting booth. And those decisions ultimately effect an entire nation, the literate and the illiterate." -Jim Trelease 


"It was a matter of perspective, I began to see.
The whole world was crazy; I'd flattered myself by assuming I was a semifinalist." -Wally Lamb

2.  A bad habit I have is   oh boy. I wash my hands a lot. Like, too much. I also twirl my hair when I'm really nervous or in an uncomfortable situation. 

3.  The first time I felt like a "grown up" was   probably writing a check or paying a bill. I can talk about the most recent time and that was teaching writing today!

4.  Weekends are   my recharge time. My time to have a sleepover with my favorite friend and deal with life.

5.  When I was a child I wished my name was     Kimberly, just like the pink power ranger.  .

6.  I wish      I could make things better. I wish I could make everyone happy. I wish I had a better job, that I was done with school, that I was thinner, smarter and better. I wish that I had more time or time would slow down. I wish I could stay in bed tomorrow and read a book.

7.  A secret I have is    I love being single. Except for on Valentine's day and New Year's Eve. Those are the only days it bothers me .

4 comments:

  1. I hate being single on Valentine's day and New Year's Eve, too. I've been single for two years and this past NYE, I felt depress all of a sudden. I wish I got a new year's kiss. OH wells.

    I love the name Kimberly...go, go power rangers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. paying bills, yes makes you feel like a grown up and so does being a teacher. I teach elementary art and the kids think I'm pretty old...I'm only 25 :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your secret - I'm single too, and I secretly love it!

    (Although, I know how you feel about Valentine's Day. Target has all their Valentine goodies out, and I feel the way you do whenever I see chocolates and lovey-dovey cards).

    Really cute blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! New follower, and I love that first quote. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete