Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Plain and Simple

{Found here}

Most days, my job is tolerable. Not the best but definitely not the worst. 

Sure, the kids that I work with are mostly from horrible home lives and it bothers me so much that a lot of the time, I stay up at night worrying about them and wishing that the power of my positive thinking would rescue them from whatever hell they are living in.
And sure, I work with some of the biggest idiots on the face of the planet. But most of them have wonderful intentions and really are in it with the long term goal of making the lives of children better.

On a normal day, it is entirely possible to have several break through moments. Moments that make me feel so good about the work that I'm doing. Moments that make all the struggles worth it.

But today. HOLY HELL. Today was entirely empty of all of these moments.

They were ALL little monsters. 

I had a child bite off his fingernail and SPIT it at me.

Lucky for me, I have 4 more days before the reasoning tool of "SANTA IS WATCHING YOU" stops working.

No comments:

Post a Comment