Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Anti New Year

{found here}

I don't like New Year's Eve.

In fact, it is my least favorite holiday of the year more or less.

I don't like the weird social pressure to go to a party or have a significant other to ring in the new year with. I don't like the weird feeling of knowing that this year is over, this year that I am just now finally getting comfortable with, finally becoming friendly with. 

I don't like any obligation to feel nostalgic, to focus on where I've come and more importantly, where I still need to go.

I just want the year to start off silently, sneak in while I'm sleeping and be ready for me when I'm ready for it.

That's how it should be. But if I've learned anything in my 21 years of life (and after celebrating 20 lame new year's eves), how things should be and how things are, are usually 2 entirely different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment