Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011

Yesterday, I talked about how much I hate new year's eve and how I am beyond ready for 201 to just be here already.

Here are a few reasons why I am 100% sure that 2011 is going to be a kick ass year.

{Found here}
1) I will turn 22. This makes me slightly older, slightly wiser and further away from my disgusting teen years.
 {found here}
 2) Bumped by my favorite YA author forever and all time, Megan McCafferty is coming out. It's been described as a cross between Heathers and The Handmaid's Tale. Which in my opinion, is one of the most delightful descriptions of all time. I've already written about this book here.  Even better, I contacted Megan about a conference I am going to next Summer and not only did she write back (!!) but she said she is hoping to go. Which brings me to point #3.

{found here}

3) ALA Annual Conference in New Orleans. I've talked at great lengths about how badly I want to (and need to) just go away for a little while. One of my closest friends is a youth services librarian and invited me to go with her in June. Not only is it the perfect time (5/6 days is the perfect amount for my first adventure) but I'm going somewhere that is all about books. SO SO Excited.

 {found here}

4) U2. I was supposed to see them this year but then Bono got hurt and our concert was rescheduled. In case you are new here, U2 is my favorite band and I saw them once already in 2005. It's probably going to be the second best night of my life. I just can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment