Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Every year since I started blogging, I would slave over a list of all the specific things I was thankful for.

I had every intention of doing this again this year (especially now that the power is back after almost 24 hours and I have so so much to be thankful for) but I changed my mind.

I went to the movies with one of my closest friends tonight. The person I talk about almost the most, the person who I barely knew before this Summer and now we spend huge chunks of each day gossiping and giggling and speaking our own language of codes and nicknames.

At one point during the movie (I can't remember what point exactly because it happens at least 10+ times for every movie we see, which is a lot), something was said and we just looked at eachother in the dark and busted out laughing. 

This is what I'm thankful for.

Friends that understand each other on a level that can only be called instinctual.

People that geniunely, deeply understand me and that care just as much.

I'm thankful for movies, the ones that I watch with someone and the ones that I watch alone. Especially the ones that mean the world to me and I run to when I'm sad or disappointed.


I'm thankful for the dozens of books I have read this year (especially the three I read during the time without power). For having the ability to take me away from life when I need to step away and for generating discussion about topics that so badly need to be discussed. 


I'm thankful for the little things that get me through each day and the reminders in my life that I'm on the right track.


Lastly, I'm thankful for this year. For being difficult at points and perfect at others. For bringing me one step closer to becoming the person I know I am meant to be.


Happy Thanksgiving :)

1 comment:

  1. If I could give this post a standing ovation, I totally would.

    ReplyDelete