Sunday, October 3, 2010

Control your mind or let your mind control you

 {found here}

In October of last year, a few horrible, sad, stressful things happened to me. 

The person who was supposed to be my best friend, confidant and everything else decided to make a shitty choice and move out. Putting space between us (both metaphorically and literally) that we would never learn how to deal with.

At first, my entire world came to a screeching halt. Sometimes, I still can't make sense of the pieces that were handed to me without any directions on what to do with them. 

Ever since this happened, I have been working on making the choice. I can either control my mind or let my mind control me. I can either decide to deal with this hands on, 100% without holding back or I can hide away and wait for the universe/god/whatever higher being you believe in to tell me what to do and where to go next in my life.


I have been trying so hard to control my mind, to not let the darkness creep in and to do my best with a situation that, a year later, still gets the best of me.


But I believe in my heart that in order to heal effectively, in order to build healthy, strong relationships of any type, sometimes I need to let my mind control me just slightly. I need to give a name to the emotions that I'm feeling and I need to communicate it with the people around me. 

So, last October, things were bad. This October, things are going to be so much better. I just know it. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes. You are totally going to run with this and own that shit. (And if you need help, let me know, I'm always up for some shared awesomeness.)

    ReplyDelete