Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Oh weekend. You have been amazing. Except for the whole dropping the phone in the ocean part. But I'm okay with being without a phone until Tuesday, right? Right :/

Friday night we went out to dinner and saw the play version of footloose. We even got dressed up. I have pictures but they are on my broken phone. boo.


Dinner was fantastic and we got done early so we walked around the waterfront and went on the observation deck that is right on the water. It was awesome because we talked about books and life but even more awesome because someone had already been up there and had written "TUPAC" in big pink chalk letters. Tupac? Really?


The play was nice, I'm not really a play person. Mostly because I LOVE talking through things and have a lot to say all the time. 


We came home to find that the power is out so we hung out in the dark and slept on the floor because we were pretty convinced that a killer was lurking outside. 


Then we got up at 5:45 to drive 3 hours to the beach. I slept almost the entire time. No lie. I'm so much fun on car rides.


Then we got to forks. Which was really cool, if Twilight is something that you are into. 


But we did see some deer!


Then we hiked 23083 miles. Carrying all of our belongings *not an exaggeration at all* but after mile 23082, we finally got a glimpse of the beach!

 
The most exciting part of this trip was the fact that there was something that looked JUST LIKE the four toed statue from Lost.




   

We fell asleep at the beach and now the back of my legs is so super sun burnt and uncomfortable. For real. 

Also, I can't get a new phone until Tuesday, I'm not sure I'm going to survive until then. 

My plan for the rest of the day is to relax and read. I'm reading "By the River  Piedra I sat Down and Wept" by Paulo Coelho and it's amazing. I'll talk more about it later.

Alright, I'm off. Catch you all in a few days :)

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! this is the only word i could come up with... WOW

    ReplyDelete