Friday, July 23, 2010

Harry Potter and Some Other Stuff

Doesn't it feel like I haven't been here in a long time?
I took the day off of work today which has been beyond amazing. No joke. It made me realize so much. Like, how important quiet, recharging time is for someone like me. It also made me realize how important it was to leave work at work and just be home.


I like things done a certain way and I have such a set routine and flow with my kids that on days when I'm not there, I spend so much time thinking about how I forgot to tell my coworkers about the little parts of my day, where our read out loud book is, that one of my kids needs soy milk, that one of my kids needs to be nurtured beyond belief instead of scolded (I forget to tell myself this sometimes too) . I'm working on that but I know it won't get any better when I get my own classroom. One day, I'll learn to not be there when I'm not there. 

Instead of being at work and raising other people's children, I had a super productive day. I worked out, got a costco card (all by myself like a big girl!) and got a head start on my homework for the week. As much as I had a hard time stepping away from my routine, I knew that my coworkers would be just fine without me and I cannot tell you how nice it was to hear crying kids or kids fighting and not have to deal with it. No joke.
My parents are out of town for the weekend so it's just my sister and I at home. We have decided to spend the time in our pajamas, eating junk food and rewatching all of the Harry Potter movies (she let me pick between this and Twilight...) We are on The Prisoner of Azkaban right now and let me just tell you, I have the biggest crush on Sirius Black. He's so adorable and all tattooed. Plus, I think he's ENTP which is my ideal personality type match. Just sayin'. 

Lastly, once a week I go out with my girlfriends from school and a couple weeks ago, I was wearing the same exactly colors as one of my friends. I know that's no big deal to you but in our world, this is hilarious and awesome. See?

We tried to take a picture showcasing our awesomeness but there was a horrible glare in my glasses. When we tried again...

It still didn't work. I also want you to know that the look on my face in that picture is pretty much how I look 95% of everyday. Worried and awkward. Yup, that's me.

I know that my background is gone and I'm not sure what's up with that. Eventually, I'll get around to figuring it out. 

Alright, I'm going to go live recklessly and turn the volume all the way up on the surround sound during the "EXPECTO PATRONUM" part. Take that, parents! 

No comments:

Post a Comment