Monday, June 28, 2010

Today's Conversations

Work was too much to handle today.  I don't even want to talk about it yet.

Here are some things that happened today that made it slightly worthwhile though.

one of my new favorite kids: Miss Whitney, I really like you hair cut. A lot. I really really like it. And I'm not just saying that because I want another muffin.

Me: Work today was crappy.
Shane: Are you going to cry about it or comfort bake about it?
Me: Neither. I'm too tired. 
Shane: No crying or baking? Wow. It must have been really bad.


Today the kids were accidentally given moldy bagels for snack. Don't worry, we caught it in time and I had 230832 kids spit half eaten bagels into my hand but while this was happening the cafeteria was SO LOUD.


Me: It's so loud in here. If there was an emergency, there is no way they would hear us.
favoritecoworkerever: IF there was an emergency? They were just eating toxic bagels. That's an emergency.
Whiny kid passing by: Aw man! Toxic bagels again for snack. We have those evvverryyddaaayy. 

Oh man. This just happened RIGHT NOW.

My dad while watching intervention: Oh man, he's so messed up. I bet they are going to send him to the Betty White clinic.... BETTY FORD! I meant Betty Ford. I'm never going to live that one down.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your tomorrow goes better! I'm a comfort baker too... Nothing fixes a bad day like a fresh baked goodie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! Hugs.... Tomorrow is another day.... Have a brownie... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe...you may have had a bad day but these stories sure did cheer me up!

    and i know the feeling about comfort baking/crying......

    ReplyDelete