Friday, June 11, 2010

That was then.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about what my life was like this time last year. 

I was getting ready to graduate with my AA, the people in my life were the same people that had been there for the last few years. Things were consistent and  there were so many new possibilities on the horizon.


Fast forward to right now.  


So many people have come and gone. The person I thought would always be there has moved out and on. I haven't talked to this person in 6 months. But that's okay. 

We got out of class early last night and my best friend Maggie wanted to meet one of my other really close friends. We drove to his house and sat outside and watched the Seattle ferry. I listened to them talk about personality types and gossiped about other people they both know (the world is so amazingly small some times) and I thought to myself, how weird is this moment? It's these two people who are the rocks in my life. These two people who this time last year, I had just started working with one and didn't even know the other.  


Congrats to cohort 24, we have finished our first year of teaching school. We have survived some of the most boring, tedious and painful classes. We have taught and learned and become a small family with one thing in common, in two short years we will become classroom teachers.  I love the hell out of each and every one of you.

 





1 comment: