Monday, June 14, 2010

The one where I cried some more

Dear Mrs. C's class,

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say good bye to you today. You were all out at field day and I didn't want to take you away from having so much fun. Plus, I don't think my heart could handle saying good bye to  each and every one of you. It was better this way, for me at least.

I want you to know that I will always carry you around in my heart. That when I went back to class to get my stuff and to write you a note on the whiteboard, I cried hard. I thought about my first day there and how sweet and curious you all were. I thought about how much you taught me about teaching and about living. 

You taught me how to love to the very depths of my heart. What it feels like to stay up at night and worry about someone other than myself. You taught me how to create lesson plans that I truly believe in and to stay calm and teach on.

I don't worry about any of you next year because you are all so so ready to learn and to blossom. 

So, I'm sorry I didn't say good bye but just know that when I have a classroom of my own one day, I'll include art for kids just like you, Brayan and I'll be silly just for you Isabelle and Austin. I'll be patient and kind when homework doesn't come back signed because you taught me that some parents go to school at night like I do, Atlanta.  

Thank you so much for welcoming me into your classroom. I am going to miss the hell out of each and everyone of you.

xoxo
Miss Whitney 

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog from a link on my friend Lauren's blog. Istudied early childhood ed at Oregon State and now I work at Head Start. I love your blog it reminds me of student teaching and all the special kiddos that are out there just waiting for a good teacher! I am sure you are great at it! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete