Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Blanks

Oh my goodness. It's Friday.  There are no words for how excited I am. This week has been killer. So much in fact, that I talked to my boss yesterday about cutting back my hours a little bit because I'm having a hard time being gone 14 hours a day. It will all work out and it's only for 8 more weeks. Just thank you for being patient because I know blogging will be a little sporadic between here and the end of the Summer.


Now on to the blanks... There are found here every week. 







1.  If I could choose my last meal it would be   chicken nuggets, bbq sauce, mashed potatoes with brown gravy, some kind of dinner roll and diet dr. pepper.

2.  My favorite person to share a meal with is  my family, or my best friend Maggie, or my other best friend Shane   because,     I think some of the best times are had around the dinner table. Especially when you spend that time in the kitchen working on a meal then you get to eat it together. Love it.

3.  The best meal I've ever had was    I had this meal at a restaurant once that was chicken that was marinaded in some kind of garlic sauce and then served with red and yellow peppers and mashed potatoes. Oh my goodness, it was perfect.

4.  The one food that makes me feel instantly better when I'm having a bad day is  either chicken nuggets or mashed potatoes and brown gravy. Those are my comfort foods.

5.  My absolute specialty in the kitchen is     cupcakes. OR twice stuffed potatoes. I got this recipe from the kraft food magazine that is SO good. It's time consuming to make but amazing. 

6.  The city that has the best food is    Seattle because I'm beyond biased and in love with Seattle.   and my favorite restaurant there is      Mae Phim. Seriously the best thai food in this area. and it's cheap(ish).
7.  My favorite healthy snack is  peppers. I love to just slice up peppers and eat them. 

8.  In my opinion the nationality which has the best food is  (I'm stealing Lauren's answer because it's SO true)    Asian.

9.  If I could learn to cook anything in the world (and be really good at it!) I'd choose   fried rice, I've tried. I just can't do it.

10.  The most outrageous dessert I've ever had was    TRUE STORY! Within the last 5 years or so (Don't judge me!) my mom made a chocolate pie that was sent straight from heaven. It was chocolate pudding and some kind of almost chocolate mousse and whipped cream and sprinkles and you would not believe how delicious it was. I ate so much, I literally felt sick for 3 hours. We still refer to this event as "the great chocolate pie incident".



1 comment:

  1. I agree 100% about working together in the kitchen and sitting around the table sharing a meal together. My family weren't big on the daily meals together, but when the whole clan gathered and there was 40 people laughing and talking over each other and passing dishes? Priceless memories :)

    ReplyDelete