Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Other Side



A little while ago, I wrote about the beauty of working with strong groups of women here

Now, it's time to talk about the other side of this.

There are certain situations that are forced and awkward. There are certain times when you are required to hang out with people who think differently than you, live differently than you and are no good for you to be around.

I don't want to go into details but I'll give you the info you need to know.

I spent some time recently with a group of women who did nothing but sit around and complain, be negative and criticize. Well, don't get me wrong, I do my fair share of this on my own time but there is definitely a solid line and when this line is crossed, the situation quickly becomes toxic.

These are the kind of women I work to avoid. These are the women who obsess about weight and inadequacies, these are the women who struggle to focus on the nice things that the universe has gifted to them. 

I am not one of these women and I hope you're not either.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment