I think this is something I say every week but is it just me or does it feel like the weeks keep flying by? Every Friday when I sit down to do this, I feel like I literally just did the last one.
My Grandma always used to tell me to drink up the moments of being a kid because when you become an adult, the years start flying by. I hate to admit she was right about something but that really is how I feel. I'm almost done with my first year of my teaching program and it still feels like it was just yesterday that I would spend all my time at work checking my phone (sorry Constance) to see if my letter had come in the mail. One day, I'll write about what it took to get into Western and the 2308382 month wait to here if I got in. But today is for celebrating the fact that I made it through another week and it's all about the fill in the blanks!
1. My favorite book growing up was The Art Lesson by Tomie DePaola. I'm not even sure what it is about this book but I just love Tomie's style. I even wrote him a letter (cough recently cough) and he wrote back and I almost cried.
2. The funniest book I've ever read was Nora Ephron's "I Feel Bad About My Neck". So super funny and real.
3. The one book that has truly changed my life is "Sloppy Firts" by Megan McCafferty. These books carried me through my awkward teenage years and reminded me that there are people out there who are just like me, even if it doesn't always feel like it.
4. If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read "The Lovely Bones". Please don't judge the book based on the movie. I read the book probably 5+ years ago and it just broke my heart and made me happy at the same time.
5. If I could meet any author living or dead I would meet Tomie DePaola! We would eat popcorn together (Which is both of our favorite foods). We would talk about kids books and maybe he could even read to my class! I don't think my heart could handle that.
6. The next book on my "to read" list is I haven't had time to read a book for fun since the quarter started so I'm not even sure. I'd like to finish "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" .
7. If I was snowed into remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring The Handmaid's Tale, Harry Potter #7 because I've been meaning to re-read it and probably Sloppy Firsts.
Have a great weekend everyone!