Friday, May 14, 2010

And then we laughed. Hard.

A lot of the time, I like to have my posts prewritten and scheduled during the weeks when I'm working or teaching or both and know I won't have time to sit down and write anything worthwhile. 

I have an awesome unsent letters post scheduled to go up tomorrow morning but then something happened today and I felt like I have to write about it now while it's still fresh in my head and hilarious so insted of overloading your subscriptions with what is going on in my mind (introverted intutition!), I'll push a post back until Sunday. 

Remember a few days ago when I was talking about stuff that happens to me that is so awkward and completely out of line that I couldn't make it up if I tried (see here)

Well anyways, today they BOTH came (this makes sense if you clicked on the link above or just follow along carefully) into my work (this is only slightly justified because we used to work together last year and he likes to come in and say hi but only when I'm there which is rare because I'm just a sub and only when he has a girl with him which is a whole other post for a whole other day). 

I am having a hard time conveying how hilarious/pathetic this was to me. 

This is the SECOND time he's just "dropped in" and brought his girlfriend along with him, two different girls mind you.

I mean, what is the point of doing this? Why would either one of these girls want to tag along?

How does this come about? Does he ask her what she wants to do on this beautiful Friday night and when she can't come up with an idea, he suggests they stop by his former job?

What's the conversation like on the way there? In the parking lot? Does she know I'm going to be there? Is it something they plan together?

So there's where I am now. Laughing consistently because this happened and so so thankful that it happened at the moment that it did because I was feeling good today and the weather was nice and I was half way decent at my job and it was just a perfect.

I love when I feel like I'm victorious and I finally have the upper hand in a situation that I had been struggling with for so long. 

Life is good and super funny.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa!!! That is hilarious.... I mean seriously what was he thinking???? Hell with him.... You rock good lady.... I'll just join you in the laughs... hahahahaha..... and that is an awesome feeling being having the upper hand... Ah! the bliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victorious doesn't even begin to describe you....

    Glad I could share in the moment, it was priceless for sure!

    Hope you are having the greatest adventure ever!!!

    ReplyDelete