Monday, April 12, 2010

INFJ

 {source}
I could talk to you about MBTI until I'm blue in the face. Next to Lost, MBTI is definitely my next obsession. 

I've been trying to figure out a way to bring this up that would be informative and fun and wouldn't completely bore you to death if it isn't your cup of tea. So instead of talking about each of the 16 types, I'm just going to talk about my type.
I'm INFJ. Which stands for Introverted, Intuition, Feeling and Judging. 

INFJs are known as "private individuals who prefer to be behind the scenes" UM YES. This is the reason why I know I want to get my Masters degree in Literacy and not Educational Leadership, no being a principal for me. 

They prefer one on one relationships versus large groups. 

They are guarded in expressing their own feelings especially to new people. YES. Although you may not get that sense from my blog, I HATE talking about my feelings in real life. This was a hugely sore subject amongst me and the last um, I don't know EVERY guy I have been involved with. 

INFJs tend to withdraw as a way to set limits. 

They place importance on having things orderly and systematic. 

They also get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. 

They are generally sensitive to conflict and go out of their way to avoid it. 

INFJs are rarely at peace with themselves.

Lastly, INFJS are natural nurturers, often called "the counselor". They like being needed and enjoy solving problems.


INFJs dominant function is introverted intuition, this also explains why I have such bad anxiety about pretty much everything. The best way to explain introverted intuition is eternally thinking about everything that could go wrong. I read online once that INFJs live in a world of hypothetical situations and that's exactly what it feels like. It's crappy and useful. It helps me when I plan lessons for work and school but it's crippling when I try new things. 


So, with that being said, if you know it, what is your personality type?

1 comment:

  1. I am a fellow INFJ, but you knew that already. We're the rarest type, thus we are awesome. And incredibly complicated. I wish I had known my type during my last relationship, because it probably would have helped to sit my ex down with a description of INFJ and say, "This is me. Seriously, this is the owner's manual they should have given to my mom when I was born."

    I hear you on crappy and useful. I'm totally stressing over my first 5K this weekend. What if I forget something? (Despite, you know, at least three lists I've made so I don't forget something.) What clothes should I wear? What if I pick shorts and I freeze the whole time? What if I pick pants and am too hot? etc. etc. I guess the good thing is that I'm stressing over any eventuality, so I should be prepared for just about anything. Except for monkeys with flamethrowers. (Because, really, how do you prepare for that?)

    ReplyDelete