Wednesday, April 28, 2010

In movies, when you find out someone is sick, usually the doctor sits down with you and your family and talks to you about it.

In the real world, when you find out your great-grandma is sick, it's in passing as the nurse is putting in an iv and states "normally in situations like these, we would give her fluids but we won't because of her congestive heart failure".

It was a rough night last night for my family. At 3:00 I was sitting in my pajamas, watching Star Trek and finishing up homework. At 5:00, I was in the waiting room of the ER.

That's how life is you know. 


I'm the type of person who likes schedules and lists. I like to have my days planned out as much as possible. But there are some days that don't have any regard for your schedule. Some days that push on with things that aren't on your list.


She's doing okay now, they sent her home late last night and from here it's just a matter of monitoring and dealing. Heart failure sounds serious but it is fairly common in people her age.


Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts on my last post. Thank you for being here for the good and bad parts of this ride.


I promise to go back to being positive and telling stories from teaching soon.



1 comment: