Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday!

One of my favorite traditions has been Fill in the Blank Friday found here



1.  One song that always takes me back to my youth is probably any song by Britney Spears. I absolutely went through a Britney Spears phase. In fact, in 6th grade we would find outfits close to hers in the "crazy" video and spend hours trying to accomplish that look.

2.  My first concert ever was  The Backstreet Boys. It was my 13th birthday present and at that point, the highlight of my life.

3.  If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there: Muse, U2, Broken Bells, She & him, The White Stripes, Blink 182, Jimmy Eat World,The Postal Service, MGMT, Ben Kweller and Justin Timberlake.

4.  The best make-out/"boot knocking" song ever is Let's Get It On. Duh.
5.The Best concert I've ever been to was U2 or Muse. Oh geez. I could never pick


6.  A memorable musical moment for me was the very beginning of the U2 concert I went to. It was just so beautiful and perfect.


7.  The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is  New Slang by The Shins. I love this song so much. I listen to it everytime I write a lesson plan.


I've read it a few other places but I have to agree, it feels like this year has gone by so fast. It seems like I will just post a fill in the blank and then suddenly it is Friday again.

This week was wonderful and I have high hopes for the weekend.

I've had the perfect balance between being social (Pina Coladas after school on Monday nights is always fun) and quiet time to process and decompress which is crucial for me.

Have a great weekend everyone :)


p.s. This clip from 30 rock last night made my heart sing.

5 comments:

  1. hahaha. "let's get it on" is totally classic. craig actually put it on a honeymoon mix for us. it actually made me laugh, but still cute and romantic :).

    oh....and i love your britney spears story. too funny.

    thanks for playing along. happy friday!

    {Lauren}

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyed this! Love the title of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I haven't watched that 30 rock yet but i had to watch the clip. I ADORE that show! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw U2 here in Vancouver last year too, they put on such a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Britney Spears. I remember those day... LOL!!

    ReplyDelete