Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dear Disney,


{found here}

Dear Disney,
Please explain to me why your movies are so freaking sad?
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore Wall-e and to me, it has no faults; but I have a really hard time explaining to the 3 and 5 year olds that I babysit that Bolt really isn't going to die in the fire, that it's alright that Simba's dad is dead, that Bambi is going to be a better animal now that his mom is dead, that the bitter reality of Buzz Lightyear finding out that he's just a toy and he really can't fly is heartbreaking, but that's life.
At 21, I can understand the life lessons embedded in these films but isn't the world filled with enough saddness and heart ache? Can't we just let kids enjoy the innoncence and beauty of childhood for as long as possible?
xoxo
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment