Saturday, April 24, 2010

Beauty in the Breakdown

I've talked here and a few other places (I'm too lazy to get the links) about the things going on in my personal life. The truth is, there is so much more but when things fall apart, I tend to run right back into the arms of my trusty pen and paper and decide to not spill my heart out there.

The truth of the matter is, things in my personal life took a turn for the worst around February and every day I struggle to deal with it. I struggle with putting it behind me and picking up the pieces. I try hard to change the bad energy into good energy and surround myself with my girl friends who I can laugh and cry and heal with.

There are still days when the wound feels brand new, there are still days when I want to close the curtains and stay in bed. But on these days, I make lists of things I have to be thankful for, things I love and wouldn't trade for the world. 

Things like lemon raspberry cupcakes:


Being fortunate enough to live near this:

Pina Colada nights with my favorite teaching friends:

And simple reminders that as dark as it feels and as difficult as it seems, things will get better and the sun will come up. It always does.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my Whitney....you are lovely and wonderful and I hate to hear you struggling with anything at all.

    I understand seeking solace in words and then retreating from them before you can betray your inner most self. It brings me always back to my very favorite quote-I feel I live by these words:

    "The most important things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get ashamed of because words diminish them-words shrink things that seemed limitless in your head to no more than living size when they are brought out. But it's more than that isn't it? The most important things lie too close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That's the worst I think. When the secret stays locked within, not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear."
    -Stephen King


    Just for the record-I'm always here. :)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too truly believe in the healing power of cupcakes.

    I'm hoping you find what you deserve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep your head up. like you said, things WILL get better. hope everything works out for you, girl!
    http://koreeunveiled.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats so right! And now i want cupcakes too (:
    amazing blog my dear (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Whitney, I came around you through Shelby. Yo have written a really beautiful comment there. I am sorry to hear that you are having a tough time too. But the list of things that you have mentioned are definitely worth bringing a smile and hope. I wish that you come out of all of the troubles that are pulling you down.
    Hugs to you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete