Sunday, March 14, 2010

That Much Stronger


{via weheartit}

You know what I really love? The tiny moments in the day that happen and I am able to totally keep my cool. I went through something sad and unfortunate over the Summer, I made a bad judgment call and got involved with someone I shouldn't. And when it ended miserably and bitterly, just like I knew it would; I was convinced that my corner of the universe was folding in and the day when it would stop hurting would never come.

But it did.

I was reminded of this on Friday and I am so so glad that I was.

So now, when school gets rough and teaching gets rough and life gets rough; When I feel like I don't have the capacity to go on, I will remind myself that even though it feels dark and miserable at the time, the sun will come up and the day will come when it won't hurt. Not even a little bit.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE YOUR FACE!

    And hooray for break through moments like that so we know life's troubles are permeable. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is beautifully written - I can so relate. Even though it hurts like hell when you're wading through something like that, it's also nice to be able to look back and realize how strong you really are.

    ReplyDelete