Monday, March 22, 2010

Put a Ring on It

{via weheartit}

On Thursday, I was told that the last person I was romantically involved with was getting his new girlfriend a ring. They have only been dating a month but whatever. I'm not here to talk about this. What I am here to talk about is how it made me feel and what I did to escape.
So, I was told this and I put on my big girl pants and acted happy.
Inside I was screaming and crying and trying everything I could to mentally escape.

So, I did what any mature, tiny bit heart broken and just overall bitter woman would do. I got the hell out of town.

I got two of my favorite ladies from my teaching program to go on an adventure with me to Seattle.




The first stop was the Red Robin where we had amazing food, milkshakes and all you can eat fries. For some reason there is a HUGE stuffed penguin outside and I couldn't help but ask a stranger to photograph us with him.


I had a raspberry milkshake and it was so good. It had whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles. As everyone knows sprinkles = love.


From there, we went to the book signing but I was so into listening to Jodi Picoult talk (she's ENFJ which is my favorite personality type!) that I didn't take any pictures. However, from there we took the monorail to the space needle/Seattle center.


At the Seattle Center, they have this amazing fountain that I just love to sit by and people watch and talk. We did that for almost two hours and I can't stress enough how this was just the perfect remedy for my bitterness and self-doubting.


I didn't bring my big camera because I hate having to carry it around so the picture isn't the best but trust me, it is amazingly serene there.

This is a picture I took of my friend Maggie. This girl is INFJ like me and makes my heart so happy on a daily basis. I can't remember what we were laughing about but this picture is JUST SO her.


I'm feeling better today and I know that as the days go on, it will be okay. I'm beyond thankful for my amazing support system and the fact that I love close enough to Seattle to be able to escape there whenever I need to.

Words of Wisdom from the amazing book I'm reading right now: "Grief and nuisance are inevitable in this life, but if you can plant yourself in stillness long enough, you will, in time, experience the truth that everythng (both uncomfortable and lovely) does eventually pass".

1 comment:

  1. Sprinkles are the very best food group - EVAH!

    ReplyDelete