Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday


Today is the birthday of one of my favorite authors of all time, Dr. Seuss.

It's also "Read Across America" Day. A day when it's okay to deviate from the scripted curriculum and celebrate reading and the thousands of amazing kids books out there.

In second grade today we did Dr. Seuss stations. The kids rotated between the four second grade rooms and each room focused on a specific Dr. Seuss book. In our room, we did "Horton Hears a Who". We read the book, passed out green pencils with a pink fluff ball on top to be their "clovers" and did coloring sheets. Totally easy and awesome day.

Tomorrow morning is my second observed lesson. My supervisor from my teaching program is coming to watch me teach and make sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to and not just sit around coloring Dr. Seuss pictures all day. I'm super nervous, but what's the worst that could happen?

A lot actually. But I'm not even going to let my brain go there.

1 comment:

  1. We are doing this all week long - I LOVE this week! Friday I'll be Ish with my Wish Dish with 3 fish!

    ReplyDelete