Monday, December 7, 2009

Everything Looks Perfect From Far Away

One of the things I struggle with the most when working with kids is the constant question “Did I do the very best that I can do today?”

Did I not let my own personal life and feelings get in the way of getting something accomplished?

Did I realize and remember that someone learns differently and thinks differently and acts differently and I need to do everything I can to accommodate that?

Did I reach them today? Will I reach them tomorrow? Is any progress being made? Is enough progress being made?

Some days, these questions keep me up at night, reading and researching and planning and plotting ways to try again, ways to change my strategies and methods and language and thought process to be the very best teacher I can be, to be the very best student I can be.

Teaching is hard work, learning how to teach is equally as hard because it is a never-ending process.

Some days are harder than others, some days are awful and I want to cry, some days are so beautiful and wonderful that I want to cry harder because I feel so fortunate to be able to do something I love so much.

I’m learning slowly that are going to be bad days, there are going to be days when things won’t go the way that I planned, but I will get through it and keep soldering on.

Every bad day is followed by a brand new day.

And I'll just continue to try my best, after all that's all I've got

No comments:

Post a Comment