Sunday, December 13, 2009

Don't Judge

One of my favorite shows of all time just so happens to be Gilmore Girls.

I really don't know why, maybe it's the witty banter between mother and daughter that is so similar to the relationship I have with my own mom. Anyways, there are so many quotes from this show that I have written in the spaces of my quote book.

There's one I always think about this time of year that talks about the magic of the first snow.

But today I happened to come across a quote. Sometimes I come across things that I have pushed to the back of my mind and I feel like it's so meant to be when I encounter them again. I pulled a book off my shelf and an index card fell out with these words,

"I'm fine, I mean not that I'm over it, but little by little it's getting easier to pretend it's easier, which means easier might be right around the corner -Gilmore Girls"

I love this. I love this for so many reasons. One because it is the perfect way to describe how I am feeling right now and Two, at some point in time in my life I dealt with a similar situation, I wrote this quote down as a reminder that easier is right around the corner and I survived whatever was going on then and I know I will survive what is going on now.



No comments:

Post a Comment