Monday, November 2, 2009

Marathon

Sometimes I feel like my teaching program is like running a marathon.

It's exhausting and overwhelming and there are so many days when I feel like there is no way I could make it to the finish line without support and people cheering me on.

Teaching is hard and learning about disabilities is hard and trying to develop my own teaching strategies and philosophy without melting down is hard.

In January I'll start my practicum time in the classroom and I'm nervous but so ready. I miss working with kids and I miss having the opportunity to develop and enforce curriculum and the sometimes beautiful moments when lessons take a turn and there is a teaching moment that I didn't expect.

I'm trying hard to focus on the positive and get through this rough patch. The transition from taking 100 level classes to suddenly taking 300 and 400 level classes has been killing me but I know it's so worth it.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment