Friday, September 4, 2009

The Friday Five

1. Today is C's birthday. C is my former coworker (pretty much the best coworker you could ever ask for) and a pretty awesome friend. C supports me during all of my emotional breakdowns and when I get worked up over really minor things. C also likes playing Fallout 3 with me and enjoys hanging out at my house in his pajamas. I don't tell him this enough but he really makes my heart sing because he appreciates my craziness and I appreciate his uniqueness. Happy Birthday C, as much as I hated my former job and just about everyone there, I'm so thankful I had you around to keep me sane.

2. It's labor day weekend. This weekend is pretty much my nemesis because in the past it would mark the fact that in less than 100 hours I would be going back to school. I'm super bitter about labor day weekend and all it represents. Maybe it's because I don't have a job right now and can't appreciate the 3 day weekend like I could in the past, maybe it's because I'm really dreading my sister going back to school. Maybe it's because I just enjoy hating things for no reason.

3. Last night, Super S and I went to a baby shower. It was fun and we played games and ate eggrolls (note to self, white people cannot make homemade eggrolls but whatev). It made me feel grown up and I realized that this could be in my nearish future. For now, I'm just going to stick to raising other people's kids and celebrating my friends babies. I don't want to think about growing up just yet (as I write this in my pajamas at 9:30 in the morning from my parents couch).

4. Not working has thrown off my schedule so bad. I find myself a few times throughout the day wondering what day of the week it is. This morning I was thinking about checking the mail, then thought to myself that it's Sunday, then realized that it's Friday but the mail still won't be here because it's not even 10 in the morning. WTF. I need to go back to a strict diet of tv shows that will not only keep me feeling productive but will provide me with a way of knowing what damn day of the week it is.

5. Next week is my orientation for school. I am beyond stoked for this event for 2 reasons.
1. I get to scope out all the bitches, I mean um, cohort members I will be with for the next 2 years. Maybe I'll find my sarcastic and witty counterpart. Ok, probably not. But maybe I'll find lots of writing material.
2. I get my ID badge. That makes me all super official and badass. I'm going to wear it even when it's not necessary. Are we out of milk!? Hold on, let me put on my ID badge and run to the store and get us some! Hell to the yeah.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment