Saturday, August 8, 2009

What's up Gangster or "Getting to Know Me"

I bet you don't know that I've been blogging for almost 7 years. That's 1/3 of my whole life. You're not going to be able to find the blog that started it all because that shit it locked up tight, but somewhere out there are the ramblings of my preteen, teen and young adult self. Scary as hell.

Let's see what you should know if you are by chance coming across this and don't know me in the real world (RW).

I'm going to school to be a teacher. I've been saying that for the majority of the last few years but now it's come true and happening fast. Being a teacher is the only thing I have ever wanted to do with my life. When I was six, I was lining up my stuffed animals and correcting spelling errors in scented marker.

I am fortunate to have never been one of those people who didn't know what they were going to do with their lives. Teaching has been my drive and I have skipped every after high school crisis that all my friends went through.

I've worked at a non profit organization for the last year. This has changed me in ways I am not even sure of yet. Sometimes I get so emotionally and mentally caught up in my job and the kids that I work with that I've gone into the bathroom and thrown up when I know that their lives are shitty and it's beyond my control (ok, this has only happened twice but whatever). I don't like most of my coworkers but the ones that I do like, they mean the world to me. As I write this, I am getting ready to start my very last week there before I move on to hopefully bigger and better things.

I'm not emotional about a whole lot but there are a few kids who I can't even imagine not seeing on a regular basis. My leaving there has come at the perfect time though, I'm ready to have a real adult job, I'm burnt out on lame immature work politics and I feel like I have poured all my time and energy into these kids and have nothing else to give them.

Now, let's talk about why I'm shifting gears. First and foremost, I eternally have A LOT to say. I have opinions about just about everything and I feel like it's my civic duty to share them (sarcasm). I also seem to find myself in situations that are mind boggling and amazing (for example, a few nights ago my coworker was here until 1 am and we were playing with fake guns). Plus I'm such a blog creep myself that I might as well feed the other creeps like myself out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment