Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Brave Little Toaster. Or "Things that messed up my childhood"


You know what? I'm really not the type of person to blame my problems on other people or things. 99.9999% of the time, when I'm having a bad day, I know it has to do with my attitude and the fact that my blood sugar is now too low for me to appropriately handle a situation or I'm just a natural born negative nancy.

BUT... I know for certain in my heart that any kind of personality flaw that I have that has held on since my childhood is all because of the movie "The Brave Little Toaster".

The Brave Little Toaster is about a blanket, a lamp and some other shit that is abandoned by their master and they try to find him. EXCEPT that a douchey vacuum cleaner tags along and is SUCH a prick (this is the reason why I have such animosity towards vacuum cleaners, except for the dyson ball which I lust for).

It's a tragic tale of love and loss and growing up and being too old and too cool for your super awesome blanket and it's super awesome face.

This movie messed with my head and made my start feeling all insecure and unappreciative of my household appliances.

Next time we'll talk about my hatred for "Follow That Bird" but for now I need to go curl up with my blanket and punch my vacuum cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment