1. I've pretty much given up on having a set day to update this, but I'm trying. I'm taking the same philosophy here that I do with my first and second graders, I want improvement not perfection and blogging at least once a week is definitely improvement.
2. I've talked a little bit about how much I love the panoramic feature on my camera, here is another example...Amazing huh? You would not believe the amount of work that went into getting this just right.
3. The weather has been perfect this weekend! Warm enough to go out and enjoy it but not so warm that it's miserable. But I held strong and stayed responsible today and got all my new items up in my shop before we went out to play.
4. This week I have my final for my speech class. I can't wait for this class to be over. It has been extremely difficult and forced me out of my comfort zone in a number of ways. I'm ready for it to be over!
5. It's almost graduation (june 14th) and um, I still haven't bought my cap and gown. I don't have a good excuse, I just keep forgetting. I promise, promise, promise that I will do it this week!
All the love in the universe,
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
I can't believe it's been over a month since I've updated this here blog!
I'm not even really sure what's taken me so long to make my way back here, life has been keeping me busy and I think by the time I get home and settle down to actually do non-school related things on the computer I choose to sleep instead.
I've got a few really neat things coming up for my etsy shop, included bright pink ice cream cones and purple cupcakes. I've also been bouncing around the idea of bringing back the free gift with every purchase promotion but we'll see.
Tomorrow is a half day for the school district so instead of spending my Friday getting a head start on my homework for next week I will be watercoloring coffee filter butterflies and evaluating the progress made during this week.
I've started a really cool phonics program for some of my younger kids, I hunted down some magnetic letters (you would not believe how hard it is to find them in my town!) and bought three different size cookie sheets. The kids LOVE spelling out words that they know and even some challenge words. The cookie sheets fit in their lap and I just put the letters in a zip lock bag. They're loving it so much that I'm contemplating going to the store to get a few more sets tomorrow.
We have also started planning on the Summer. I forget how much goes into running the Summer program. The hours are twice as long but it's difficult because we only have an eight week program and by the time I feel like I really know these kids and what they want and need the program is over and we are getting ready for Fall all over again.
On a non work or etsy related note, I am graduating in three weeks! I am super excited and it really hasn't sunk in yet. Probably because I haven't had time to stop and pause and really think about it. Maybe that's a good thing because I still haven't heard from Western yet....
I'm going to get some sleep before the super busy day I have planned for tomorrow, have a great three day weekend everyone!
All the love in the universe,
Posted by Whitney at 10:04 PM